Sunday, November 8, 2009

Yangshuo

To celebrate the 60th anniversary of the People’s Republic of China, which was last month, we got 6 days of school off. So three other students and I took advantage of this time off and decided to take a trip to Yangshuo. Yangshuo is in southern rural China, nestled in the beautiful mountains split by the Li river. Its scenery is so stunning in fact, that it is depicted on the 20 dollar Yuan. Now it may not be a surprise to many of you that I am not the biggest outdoorsmen. I mean I’ll choose a hotel over a tent any day, but seeing as this maybe my only chance to live in China, I decided to break outside of my comfort zone and try the outdoorsy thing. To my surprise, I ended up having a BLAST.
These are a few activities I partook in while on the trip:

Mud bathing in the natural caves,
- where we also swam in the natural hot springs and climbed the side of the cave



Bike ride into town
-where I almost got knocked off my bike by a bull



Bamboo Rafting on the Li River






Hike through a secluded town






and much much more...

No comments:

Post a Comment